How do you assign an action special to a linedef?

Need help with your project? Ask here.
PeskySaurus

How do you assign an action special to a linedef?

Post by PeskySaurus »

I understand basic ACS scripting, I have my level names being displayed, and fog appears properly (thanks to delay), however I want to know how you tell a line def to use an action special? I am in Doom in Doom mode (which is fine because I have been using if and else if to verify scripts by map number). can you write this in the acs code or do you have to change something in the line def in hexen mode (which is impossible for me)?
"Maybe one day I can figure it out, till then I just put another cigarette out, pull up a chair, open a brew, sit on the porch, and do what I do..." -Rehab
Gez
Developer
Developer

Re: How do you assign an action special to a linedef?

Post by Gez »

In a library script for a DiD map? You can't. You'd need to be able to give the line an ID, which is possible in UDMF directly or in DiH through Line_SetIdentification, but not at all in DiD.
PeskySaurus

Post by PeskySaurus »

now wait, what is line set identification? is that something written in the BEHAVIOR lump? because if so, maybe i can do it with DiD. I pretty much found a loophole that lets me control my ACS regardless of being in DiD with if and else if. here ill show you what i mean that i've done:
Spoiler: my code
For example, the green fog only appears in map 3 cause it checks the map number first.

but if its something you do in doom builder by right clicking a line i guess im SOL. anyways thanks for the help so far
Last edited by PeskySaurus on Wed Sep 16, 2009 21:30, edited 1 time in total.
"Maybe one day I can figure it out, till then I just put another cigarette out, pull up a chair, open a brew, sit on the porch, and do what I do..." -Rehab
PeskySaurus

Post by PeskySaurus »

nevermind. sorry for double post (not sure if that's a rule here) i jsut looked it up and kinda see what you mean why i can't :/

Return to “Editing Help”