Fence in gzdoom hexen format. shooting trough and jump over

Need help with your project? Ask here.
doomexpert

Fence in gzdoom hexen format. shooting trough and jump over

Post by doomexpert »

i've build a fence but im out of options.

i have now a fence with a middle texture, i've build a small tiny 3d sector on top of it so you can walk on the fence. but the problem is i wanna jump over the 4 meter heigh fence and shooting trough the fence and be able to block it till the height of the fence so you can jump over it. i call myself doomexpert but you can just do things in different ways.

i can build a fence where i can jump over it with transfer heigt but then im not be able to shoot things at the other side of the fence, to shoot trough the fence. and if i block monsters and players on a linedef then i cant jump over it.

greets.
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Re: Fence in gzdoom hexen format. shooting trough and jump o

Post by Rex Claussen »

As far as I know, the only way to create a fence with "realistic" properties - being able to jump over, being able to shoot through gaps but having shots blocked by the bars or grate of the fence, and blocking players/enemies who don't jump/fly over the fence - is to create the fence entirely with sectors. In other words, the vertical bars (or part of the grate) will be made of sectors, the horizontal (or diagonal) parts of the grate will be made of 3D sectors, and the top will be make of a 3D sector.
doomexpert

Post by doomexpert »

Rex Claussen wrote:As far as I know, the only way to create a fence with "realistic" properties
i thinking about something that can block me where i can shoot trough. that would be amazing. and block monsters aswell. but with realistic property's you dont get a detailed fence.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

You might want to try using a [zwiki]3D_middle_texture[/zwiki]. Make the line a type 121 and set the extra flags to 32. That makse the texture block actors for the height of the texture but actors can pass above or below the texture (if there is room to do so, of course).

Word of caution though. These don't behave exactly like normal blocking lines. They block actors, so hitscan attacks (shotgun, chaingun etc) will pass through but projectiles (rockets, plasma, fireballs etc) will not.
doomexpert

Post by doomexpert »

Enjay wrote:You might want to try using a [zwiki]3D_middle_texture[/zwiki]. Make the line a type 121 and set the extra flags to 32. That makse the texture block actors for the height of the texture but actors can pass above or below the texture (if there is room to do so, of course).
tnx it works
doomexpert

Post by doomexpert »

I wonder how i can make that indentification line translusant. like a window you cant shoot but can walk over the texture, like the same thing with the fence.

Return to “Editing Help”