Bugs that have been resolved.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

ZZYZX
Developer
Developer

[g2.3pre-232-g96437d9] GZDoom hangs up with my portal setup

Post by ZZYZX »

subj.

Not exactly sure what causes it, tried to make isolated examples, and they don't break like this.
I'm basically trying to make a limited height portal (or at least a visually limited height portal). For this, I've made an interactive line portal that transfers to some zone, and then that zone has another portal on it's ceiling which transfers back to an area behind the interactive line portal and displays upper part of it.

The result looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/sG4RT2i.jpg
However, when viewed from certain directions, my portals have cancer: http://i.imgur.com/4wgTX5K.jpg
If I continue to stand there, it stops flickering green and completely hangs taking the whole CPU core.

Can send the secret in-dev map by request :P
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Re: [g2.3pre-232-g96437d9] GZDoom hangs up with my portal setup

Post by Rachael »

It sounds like something went wrong with your portals but without the map I can't really tell.

I've been fighting off issues with portals on my own map so I may be able to at least take a look at it, if you want, but I am not going to outright request the map unless you really want me looking at it. (You've probably seen by now that I've already put in 3 bug reports on portal-related issues though :P)

While we're on the subject - some portal bugs have been fixed in ZDoom that may not have yet appeared on the latest GZDoom devbuild. Have you tried the latest QZDoom devbuild? I update them frequently (for now, at least) and they still include the GZDoom renderer. If you copy and rename your .ini file over you won't have to change any settings.
ZZYZX
Developer
Developer

Post by ZZYZX »

...nevermind, only did it once. Ran correctly next time.
However, it still hangs up in QZDoom build as well.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

If you tried to run it in Software mode (instead of copying your .ini like I suggested) and you're still getting the freeze, it's likely a ZDoom bug.
ZZYZX
Developer
Developer

Post by ZZYZX »

It's a ZDoom bug, but there are also weird GL-specific issues and Graf is the author of portal rewrite so I still believe it's better to post it here :P
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

No, it's not!

Return to “Closed Bugs”